Sustainable shopping selection to enhance your green living II
Our second sustainable shopping selection comes in consequence of your high interest for the first one and it will logically evolve in regular, eco-oriented shopping series.
It’s a world known fact that we need to be eco smart and tailor our modern living in more meaningful shapes and purpose, which starts as soon as we become aware of the simple facts and messages in the environment around us:
- – The Bamboo has an immense tensile strength that rivals that of many metal alloys and it’s highly resilient even in extremely conditions.
- – The Bamboo has a renewal rate that no other plant can match. It grows 60cm in just 24 hours, reaching its maximum height in several years.
- – The Bamboo is capable of regenerating itself upon harvesting without need of replanting, making it possibly the most valuable material and renewable resource.
Here’s the deal: we’ll continuously select sustainable products till you get constantly inspired and turn irreversibly green.
- 1. Magnetic Wooden Tongs – The little details in your kitchen betray what kind of housewife you actually are. Don’t make any compromise with the David Mayhew’s food tongs, handmade of Jamjuree wood and gracefully designed in the shape of a whale’s tail. Marvelous realization – $40.00 at MoMA Store
- 2. Nussbag – woddy designed bag, extremely elegant and unusually official. Unfortunately at the time of writing Nussbag’s website went down for an update, so you can alternatively check the Nussbag corporate designers – Salamanda
- 3. Cork Cuff – From the website: Studio 1A.M.’s Cork Cuff explores natural cork as a wearable material. 100% recycled and recyclable, flexible, and water repellent, cork is the perfect unexplored resource for jewelry – $48.00 at Feel More Human
- 4. Vers 2X Sound System – From the website: The Vers 2X is a compact, all-in-one system with full-size sound. It’s not only the world’s first hand-crafted real wood iPod speaker, but also the most sustainable. The 2X plays and charges iPod Video, iPod Nano, iPod mini, iPod, iPod classic, iPod Touch, iPhone and 3G iPhone – €179.99 at Feel More Human
- 5. Cork Mosaic Sideboard – designed by Iannone Designs and preseneted on 2008’s NY Design week, this eco-chic cabinet features a charming woodland tableau formed from layers of sustainably harvested cork – $3,400.00 at 2Modern
- 6. Wooden Bracelet – this wooden sustainable bijou was available at Oculus Jewelry, which website is in process of reconstruction and you’ll need to check it later – Oculus Jewelry
- 7. Spa Canister with Lid – designed by Susanne Augenstein and manufactured by Blomus, the elegant spa canister will bring contemporary style to your bathroom. It’s crafted from bamboo, stainless steel and porcelain with an attractive and cozy design – $29.60 at All Modern
- 8. Wine Arc – From the website: Molly Kinney creates this clean line for wine display. Made from bamboo, it uses the weight of the bottle to keep upright – a sure conversation starter – $21.00 at Zanisa
- 9. Bamboo Circular Mirror – This stunning Bamboo Mirror has 110 cm diameter and it’s hand made from strips of bamboo laid into a black resin – £165.00 at Puji
Happy Green Living from KickStyle